Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itvshows 3 app cloud synch with ipad mini 3 issue

App: iTVShows 3 on iPhone 4S iOS 7.1.2 synchs fine forever with my iCloud account.

Problem: On new iPad mini3, iOS 8.3, iCloud synch setting in the app is green (on) but greyed out and cannot even access it to turn off iCloud synch. App will not show the tv shows I have on my iPhone and synched in iCloud. Already followed iTVshows FAQa for synch problem which is several years old.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 10:45 AM

2 replies

Jul 4, 2015 11:18 AM in response to TNZooKeeper

Hello TNZooKeeper,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that an app you downloaded from the App Store is not functioning the way you expect. For information on troubleshooting applications installed from the App Store, please read over and work through the suggested steps in the attached article below.

If an app you installed unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open - Apple Support

Have a great day,

Joe

Jul 10, 2015 2:59 PM in response to AppleJoe

Thanks but that didn't help. What I didn't say is that it also happens on my wife's brand new iPhone 6 (from her old 4S). Google search said something about differences in how the old iPhone 4s iOS 7.1.x with iCloud databases interfaces with iOS 8.x and iCloud. To stay away from the iPhone 4S and iOS 8.x debacle, we stayed with 7.1.

Only solution is to put iOS 8.x on her old iPhone 4S (impractical) then synch iTV database to iCloud and then hope it synchs to her iPhone 6. She just wants to manually enter them again.

Me? Can't get an iPhone 6 right now and am stuck with 4S. Am NOT putting 8.anything on this phone.

Hate to say it, but this is not the user friendly Apple products are supposed to be assuming it is a fundamental iOS7 vs iOS8 difference and iCloud.

Can't seem to get an expert's answer. I emailed iTV but no answer.

All solutions appreciated.

itvshows 3 app cloud synch with ipad mini 3 issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.