Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

storage - I am being charged VAT but am not liable to pay VAT?

Anyone know how to avoid paying VAT when your country is not listed in the Country list?

iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 11:12 AM

2 replies

Jul 2, 2015 1:34 PM in response to damaag

Damaag,

Thank you for your reply I am afraid that you have misinterpreted my question. Being charged VAT/TVA - Value Added Tax by a retailer has nothing to do with Government it has to do with nationality/ EU memebership and whether the country in which you normally live requires that you pay VAT/TVA. Normally the selection of your country of residency indicates whether you are liable to pay VAT/TVA. I live in a country that is not an EU member but also does not appear on the iCloud country list so I have to indicate the nearest best choice (which is totally incorrect) and that means that Apple charge me VAT on all orders. I was asking here in case someone else had had a similar problem. In the past with other retailers that are easier to contact I have simply pointed out that I am not liable to pay VAT and that my country is not listed and it has been corrected on both counts.

Thank you for your help it seems as though I will have to telepnone Apple's customer support and see where we go from there.

storage - I am being charged VAT but am not liable to pay VAT?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.