Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto won't import from my SD card.

Hi there,

This is the first time I've tried to import photos into the new iphoto. Previously, I just entered the SanDisk SD card into the slot (MacAir) and it would show in the sidebar. Following the new instructions, I insert the card, select 'Import' and chose the disk in Finder. But now I'm not allowed to import; all the folders are greyed-out:

User uploaded file

This SD card has only ever been used on this mac, I've never changed it or used it in another computer.

If anyone can help me with this I'd be very grateful as the disk is now full and I would like to take some more pics 🙂.

All the best,

Matt

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 10:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 11:07 AM

Don't use the "File > Import" command, use the Import panel.

Insert the card and then the card should appear in the sidebar of Photos. Select the card in the sidebar and you should see an import panel, where you can select the photos to import.

User uploaded file

5 replies

Jul 2, 2015 1:03 PM in response to Mattavelli

Photos has many hidden features. There are also much more adjustment and edit features than are showing at first glance. If yu are wondering what happened to Highlights and Shadows and the vignette, add the hidden adjustments:

Click the "Adjust" button and then the faint blue "Add" text to add more adjustments to the panel. Click the disclosure arrows to the right of the titles of the adjustments to show all options.

User uploaded file

iPhoto won't import from my SD card.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.