Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone is not recognized on MacBook Pro

Hi,

I have a challenge with my Macbook Pro and the sync with my IPHONE 6. As soon as I connect my Iphone to my macbook it is neither charged nor visible in Mac OS

I have :

reset the phone - no success

changed the cable - no success

connected phone to another macbook / Windows 7 System - working

I have connected other devices to my macbook (2 IPAD and 2 Iphones) both work perfectly. only my Iphone 6 has challenges.

any recommendation =

Sven

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 10:16 AM

3 replies

Jul 4, 2015 10:54 AM in response to silmarils

Hello there, silmarils.

Great job on the troubleshooting steps you've performed for isolating your issue so far. The following Knowledge Base article offers up a great checklist of steps to review for the very issue you are describing:

If you don't see your connected device in iTunes for Mac - Apple Support

Thanks for being a part of Apple Support Communities.

Kind Regards,

Pedro.

Jul 4, 2015 11:06 AM in response to pedro d

HI Pedro,

tks for your reply. to be honest this KB article is so basic it was the first I found and ran trought. before ai dod my own troubleshoting steps.

My unterstanding is that my MacOS somehow remembers my phone and dies not like to talk to it, for what reason ever? i hoped to get some more insight into themconfig files or setting that Icqn manually unlock it.

maybe you have some more hints for me.

tks

iPhone is not recognized on MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.