Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 13 inch MacBook Air has simply stopped working. Dead!

My 13 inch MacBook Air has simply stopped working. Dead! No display. No sound. No start-up. Nothing. Screen just went blank. Fully charged too. Any ideas? It's 1 year and 6 months old.

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 11:06 AM

6 replies

Jul 2, 2015 10:02 PM in response to ben@hinx.net

Same issue here, I have an MacBook Air of mid 2013, 1 year 2 months old, working smoothly till few days back and now it no longer powers on.

I've been using this only for studies and internet. No games, no Java, no heavy softwares.

Gave it to a service centre, and the engineer is suspecting an issue with MLB and I need to cough up 40000 Rs($650) for it's replacement and service. No physical damage, no spill.

I spoke to customer care and when asked about the root cause, I got schooled that it's an electronic device at the end of the day and it can get screwed any time !

I read in reddit that there were unofficial replacements of logic board in US for mid 2013 MBAs but there's been no official replacement programme from Apple 😟

My 13 inch MacBook Air has simply stopped working. Dead!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.