Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

clear cache and cookies

Directions say to go to prefrences which i did. It then saids click on privacy tab,I only have security and privacy. Then it saids to click remove all data I don't have any option what soever to clear anything let alone cookies or data. What am i supposed to do to clear the cookies,its a tad bit ridiculous if u ask me

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.1, It's a brand new iPad Air

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 10:24 AM

9 replies

Jul 2, 2015 12:46 PM in response to For-Christ-alone

If you click: Remove All Websitte Data that deletes all stored cookies.

In order to empty the cache, you must enabled the Develop menu.

Go back to Safari > Preferences then select the Advanced tab.

Click: Show Develop menu in menu bar

At the top of your screen. You should see Develop between Bookmarks and Window in the menu bar.

Click Develop then scroll down and click: Empty Caches

Jul 3, 2015 7:25 AM in response to For-Christ-alone

Safari/Preferences/Advanced - enable the Develop menu, then go there and Empty Caches. Quit/reopen Safari and test. Then try Safari/History/Show History and delete all history items. Quit/reopen Safari and test. You can also try try Safari/Clear History and Web Site Data. The down side is it clears all cookies.Doing this may cause some sites to no longer recognize your computer as one that has visited the web site. Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library./Caches/com.apple.Safari/Caches.db and move it to the trash.

Go to Safari Preferences/Extensions and turn all extensions off. Test. If okay, turn the extensions on one by one until you figure out what extension is causing the problem.

10.9 and lower

Safari/Preferences/Advanced - enable the Develop menu, then go there and Empty Caches. Quit/reopen Safari and test. Then try Safari/History/Show History and delete all history items. Quit/reopen Safari and test. You can also try try Safari/Reset Safari. The down side is it clears all cookies.Doing this may cause some sites to no longer recognize your computer as one that has visited the web site. Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library./Caches/com.apple.Safari/Caches.db and move it to the trash.

Go to Safari Preferences/Extensions and turn all extensions off. Test. If okay, turn the extensions on one by one until you figure out what extension is causing the problem.

Safari Corruption See post by Linc Davis

Jul 3, 2015 12:28 PM in response to Eric Root

There is not one area where it saids develop not even on the address bar at the top in between bookmarks and window. I appreciate ur time however i guess i will just have to deal with it not being cleaned.that is the problem every instruction i get the words r not there where everyone seems to say i

Thank you Eric u r the first one to write explicit directions i was able to follow and find. Ty have a blessed day or nite which ever the case may be for u. may God bless Trish

clear cache and cookies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.