Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

delet photos

I syncronized photos from a friend's Mac into my ipad and now I can't delete them. How can I delete them??

iPad Mini, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 11:40 AM

1 reply

Jul 2, 2015 11:50 AM in response to ritalima

Ok- after 3-4 hours of reading the iPad manual and trying a number of confusing steps from dozens of online communities, "Brooke" from Apple Support resolved the mystery.

1- Sync your iPad Air to iTunes on your PC.

2- Under the 'Summary' tab, scroll down to the 'Options' box and click on and checkmark the "Manually manage music and video" Thanks Brooke for this tip! [Although it does not say so, this also manages your photos!]

3- Under the Summary tab, you'll see 'Photos' and click on that tab to open the Photos page. If the 'Sync Photos' box is checked, click on it to uncheck it and a window will open, asking if you want to 'Remove Photos". Click 'Remove photos'. At the bottom right side of the screen is the word box 'Apply' and click on that. Notice at the very top of the iTunes screen [picture of the 'Apple'] the process is being displayed and when finished... "WA-LAH" your
iPad Air is cleaned of all Sync'd photos.

I made things easy for me by creating a folder on my PC, in the 'My Pictures' tab that is only for Sync'd iPad photos. That way, I can delete those photos and keep track of what I've done!

Good luck!

delet photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.