Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 4s - OS 8.4 problem - How do I do a clean uninstall of an app that has cloud icon now?

My question is, is there a better way to do a clean uninstall of an app that shows the cloud icon when I go to re-install it?

Since upgrading to OS 8.4, my Perk TV app isn't working right. Perk TV asked me to uninstall and re-install the app. I have done this by pressing on the icon until it starts wiggling and clicking on the X to delete it. I have also gone into the general settings and deleted it that way.

When I go to re-install it from the app store, I only see the cloud icon, instead of "Get." I'm wondering if the app I was previously using is in the cloud, and I just keep re-installing my old version, which may be bad?

I run a similar app called Swagbucks TV and it has continued to work perfectly. So, the issue isn't the phone, but the Perk TV app, I believe.

So, I'm wondering if there's a better way to do a clean uninstall and re-install of this app?

Thanks for your help.

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 11:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 11:12 AM

I would say that the app has issues then when running under iOS 8.4 since it worked under iOS 8.3...either the app is broken or iOS changed something that the app depended on to function correctly. It's hard to say which...

Having the cloud icon of the app in the iTunes Store means the app is NOT installed on the device. Downloading it will be just like you installed it for the first time. There's no other "cleaner" install of an app.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2015 11:12 AM in response to esquirette2007

I would say that the app has issues then when running under iOS 8.4 since it worked under iOS 8.3...either the app is broken or iOS changed something that the app depended on to function correctly. It's hard to say which...

Having the cloud icon of the app in the iTunes Store means the app is NOT installed on the device. Downloading it will be just like you installed it for the first time. There's no other "cleaner" install of an app.

Jul 2, 2015 11:21 AM in response to SergZak

Thank you so much. That's what I thought, but wanted to double-check. My last response to Perk TV says they are "processing" my support ticket. So, I am assuming they're having issues with other users of the app, too, because of the OS 8.4 upgrade. I'm envisioning their engineers frantically trying to fix it LOL!

I'll just wait for them to fix it then. Thank you for your help :-)

Jul 2, 2015 11:50 AM in response to esquirette2007

You're welcome.

You may also want to read reviews of the app in the App Store to see if others are experiencing the same issues. That's usually the first place you'll find people having issues...and may even get an idea if it's the apps fault, iOS 8.4's fault or both. And maybe even some workarounds that others may have found.

Good luck to you. 🙂

Iphone 4s - OS 8.4 problem - How do I do a clean uninstall of an app that has cloud icon now?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.