Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I make a call on my Iphone 6plus, I can barely hear the voice on the other end!

When I make a call on my Iphone 6plus, I can barely hear the voice on the other end. Hitting the volume button does nothing! I have scanned all the possible answers, and none work. I live over an hour from the nearest apple store. APPLE--we need a fix.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3, Had my phone since December 2014

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 12:14 PM

6 replies

Jul 2, 2015 12:22 PM in response to cincha23

I have scanned all the possible answers,

If you tried "all the possible answers" without success, by definition, there is no possible answer. I assume you think you may have missed one, but as my telepathic skills are waning, you'll have to tell us exactly what you tried.

APPLE--we need a fix.

1. This is a user-to-user support forum, Apple isn't here.

2. Define "we."

Jul 2, 2015 12:26 PM in response to cincha23

Have you checked to make sure you have the iPhone set to adjust the volume with the buttons on the side? Also, you can check this support document. If you can't hear a person on a call or voicemail or if the sound quality is poor on iPhone - Apple Support or this one If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker - Apple Support unless of course, those are part of the all possible answers you have scanned. If that is the case, then you need to make an appointment at the Genius Bar. I wish mine was that close, my closest one is nearly 3 hours. The closest one where my son lives is 4.5, unless he crosses the border from the US to Canada and then it is only about 2.

Jul 3, 2015 2:17 PM in response to cincha23

cincha23 wrote:

1. Yes, I know how to work the volume buttons.

2. I will contact Apple support.

I never said you did not know how to operate the volume buttons, however not everyone has the device set for "Change with Buttons". They like the fact that they cannot risk changing the volume by bumping those buttons inadvertently. Good luck with your device.

When I make a call on my Iphone 6plus, I can barely hear the voice on the other end!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.