Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

complete Re-install of iMovie 10

hi, thanks in advance for the help. I've been an apple guy for years and at some point a few years ago i inadvertently had two Apple ID's. Its a long story.

BUT, the pertinent info is that even though that was years ago and I am a few computers down the line now, my iMovie is still somehow connected to the apple ID that i don't use. therefore, every time an iMovie update comes out, the app store asks me to put in my other apple ID and password.

i really want to never have to mess with this again.

is there a way to either completely re-install iMovie with my new apple ID, or to change my current iMovie to be connected with the correct apple ID?

thanks.

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 12:17 PM

1 reply

Jul 4, 2015 12:46 PM in response to pastormick

Hello pastormick,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you have iMovie attached to an Apple ID you no longer use and would like to have it associated with the Apple ID that you do use. There would be no way to migrate the application from one Apple ID to another, but you could sign in to the Mac App Store and purchase a new copy of iMovie using the current Apple ID.

Mac App Store - iMovie

Have a great day,

Joe

complete Re-install of iMovie 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.