Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

On which iPhones are "iBooks made with iBooks Author" working?

Hello!

Are iBooks made with iBooks Author working on ALL iPhones with iOS 8.4? (e.g. iphone 4, iphone 5,..)

Or are they working only on iPhone 6 and 6+?

I checked the changelog of iOS 8.4 but it says only "working on iPhones", but it doesn´t specify the iPhone Version.
Some websites claim that it only works on iphone 6 and 6+.

Thank you!!

ibooks Author-OTHER, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 12:49 PM

5 replies

Jul 2, 2015 4:00 PM in response to mr rossi

Last I heard, iBooks Author-made books only work on iPads and Macs running Yosemite. Where did you hear any different?

**EDIT**

OK, my bad. Been out of the loop for a bit. I read on a couple of sites that it's only the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, but I think it's any iPhone running 8.4.

I've found previous titles I've worked on on my iPhone 5C. I'll try downloading it and checking, but to be honest the experience on these devices is going to be rubbish anyway if there's no zoom function. The text will be tiny, and 'tap' areas for pop-ups are going to be miniscule.

Jul 3, 2015 1:06 AM in response to Mac_fool

Sorry, I overlooked your edit.

On the iphone 6 of my friend zooming is possible and also in general it works actually quite good in my opinion.

It would be great if you could try it out on your 5C and let us know about your experience!!
(in iBooks there is an Option where you can change how the book is displayed. I can´t remember the Name of the Option, maybe something like fixed text or something)

Jul 3, 2015 9:39 AM in response to mr rossi

"Works" on the iPhone 5C, but the experience is awful.

When you have created a product which is designed to run on an iPad, designed buttons and planned experiences for that device, having it crowbarred onto something a quarter of the size with loads of extra zooming and taps introduced to the experience, the whole thing becomes an abortionate andf unpleasant. XP

IMO Steve would have spun in his grave.

On which iPhones are "iBooks made with iBooks Author" working?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.