Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I connect an ImageWriter II to a 128k Mac?

I have a 128k compact Mac (ie 1984 vintage). I also have an ImageWriter II. I believe I should be able to get output from the IW but so far have been unable to over a serial connection-- the Mac disks I have seem to have the original ImageWriter driver but don't know about the II. Does this need to be connected otherwise? AppleTalk? Do I need a driver from somewhere?

Thanks for any insight.

Macintosh 128k-OTHER

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 12:19 PM

1 reply

Jul 2, 2015 1:51 PM in response to augmented4th

Many, Many moons ago but as I remember, the driver for the IW 1 and IW2 were the same unless your driver is pre IW2. See if you can find another cable they were always trouble with the pins making a good connection or breaking. You should be able to get it to work with a direct connection by the serial port. If something comes to mind. I'll write back. My memory is a little rusty. I don't remember it but there is a self test for printer by pressing a combination of the buttons. I had many fun days with this machines and Apple IIs. See if you can located the manuals they all came with tons of manuals back then.

Good Luck

Steve

How can I connect an ImageWriter II to a 128k Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.