Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod touch 5th gen won't charge but charger will turn it on

When I plug in my iPod touch 5th gen it won't charge. Last night I got off of my computer late and tried to plug in my iPod but I plugged the charger in halfway. I don't mean I put it in halfway, but of the two metal parts that go into an outlet, one went in and the other was outside of the outlet (the outlet didn't have a cover on it). I didn't leave it plugged in all night like I usually do and I didn't even notice that it wasn't charging when I DID have it plugged in. I just turned my iPod off and plugged it into my computer, and it turned on but it isn't charging.

iPod touch, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 1:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 1:31 PM

Not Charge

- See:

iPod touch: Hardware troubleshooting

iPhone and iPod touch: Charging the battery

If you can’t charge your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

- Try another cable. The cable for 5G iPod (lightning connector) seems to be more prone to failure than the older cable.

- If a 5G iPod

Iphone 5 lightning port charging problem - SOLUTION!

- Try another charging source

- Inspect the dock connector on the iPod for bent or missing contacts, foreign material, corroded contacts, broken, missing or cracked plastic.

- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2015 1:31 PM in response to davidm7712

Not Charge

- See:

iPod touch: Hardware troubleshooting

iPhone and iPod touch: Charging the battery

If you can’t charge your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

- Try another cable. The cable for 5G iPod (lightning connector) seems to be more prone to failure than the older cable.

- If a 5G iPod

Iphone 5 lightning port charging problem - SOLUTION!

- Try another charging source

- Inspect the dock connector on the iPod for bent or missing contacts, foreign material, corroded contacts, broken, missing or cracked plastic.

- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Jul 2, 2015 1:46 PM in response to lllaass

Alright so I had tried most of that except for a different charger and the Genius Bar. I didn't use a different charger because I forgot my dad had one but I just realized he did and it DID work. I've come to the conclusion that the problem was with my charger but after further inspection of the ports and what not, nothing appears to be on any of it except for a hair and a little bit of residue on the USB plugin part but even after I wiped that off, my charger didn't work. Thanks for the fast reply!

iPod touch 5th gen won't charge but charger will turn it on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.