Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happened to the iTunes shuffle

i upgraded my os this morning and iTunes is totally reformatted with no shuffle option

Ituned-OTHER

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 12:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 6:51 PM

When you're listening to something in the new Music app a window/slide appears, that you can go to or just keep in the bottom of the screen.

In it there's all the info for what you're listening to and commands for listening, including the shuffle button.

Also the shuffle button is in every artist or album, depending on how you view your music (artist, album, genre, etc.), and in every playlist...everywhere!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2015 6:51 PM in response to Kabart56

When you're listening to something in the new Music app a window/slide appears, that you can go to or just keep in the bottom of the screen.

In it there's all the info for what you're listening to and commands for listening, including the shuffle button.

Also the shuffle button is in every artist or album, depending on how you view your music (artist, album, genre, etc.), and in every playlist...everywhere!

Jul 3, 2015 9:39 AM in response to Kabart56

I agree! While you may shuffle within categories (e.g., by artist or album) you may no longer shuffle an entire genre. So, if your genre has 1000 separate titles and 500 different artists, you are not able to shuffle the entire catalogue.

Thanks, Apple. Or should I say, thanks Microsoft/Apple, as Apple is becoming more and more like Microsoft everyday with nothing but bugs, bugs, bugs and more bugs!!

If someone has a solution to this, please advise. 😕

What happened to the iTunes shuffle

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.