Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help! How do I sync from PC Chrome to iCloud?

I swear I'm gonna lose it. Just decided to start using Chrome on iOS and PC. I enabled Chrome in iCloud and installed extension on PC Chrome. Then I spent an hour rearranging my bookmarks only to find that 10 minutes later they had been overwritten by iCloud (I'm assuming). So I thought I fixed the issue, spent another hour rearranging and f-ing A it did it again. How do I sync my bookmarks in Chrome on my PC to ICloud rather than have ICloud overwrite my PC? Ultimately I'm trying to get Chrome PC to sync with Chrome iOS but that doesn't seem to be working either.

iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 1:17 PM

2 replies

Jul 2, 2015 1:22 PM in response to kidcharlemagne68

iCloud syncing only works with Internet Explorer on a PC > Set up and use iCloud for Windows - Apple Support

What you'll need

Before you download iCloud for Windows, you'll need an iCloud account. You can sign in to iCloud with your Apple ID. Just follow the set up instructions for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 5 or later or Mac with OS X Lion v10.7.4 or later.

Depending on what information you want to keep up to date in iCloud, you might need a few other things:

• Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and Reminders: Microsoft Outlook 2007 or later, or an up to date browser to access iCloud.com.
  • Bookmarks: Safari 5.1.7 or later or Internet Explorer 9 or later.
  • Documents: iCloud Drive set up on each of your devices.

Jul 2, 2015 1:26 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

But iCloud has an option to sync Chrome and Firefox bookmarks. It worked with Firefox for me it just that it appears that Icloud insists on overwriting my PC Chrome bookmarks with my old ones. There HAS to be a way to reset that. Either that or apple is the single worst software creator on the planet.

Also, why can't i browse my **** bookmarks in Icloud?

Help! How do I sync from PC Chrome to iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.