Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

yesterday my iphone became stuck on 'verifying update' and stayed like this all night; this morning i had to completley restart using both power and home buttons. my phone thought i had 'NO sim' and today in the top left it has said 'searching...' .

Hi all,

Yesterday my iPhone 5s became stuck on 'verifying update' and stayed like this all night; this morning I had to completely restart using both the power and home buttons. My phone thought I had 'NO sim' and today in the top left it has said 'searching...' . I tried updating via iTunes today, as it was impossible to do it otherwise, however the update did not work and I ended up pulling the iPhone off the cable and now my iPhone is I believe in recovery mode (stuck on the 'connect to iTunes' screen). I cannot turn off the phone using the same method I did earlier, but is there any way I can rectify this issue? I seriously do not wish to to have to restore my iPhone as I have data which is not backed up which i need!

Apologies for the long and vague question, I am not confident with technology or with what the problem truly is.

Hugely grateful for responses, cheers

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 2:04 PM

There are no replies.

yesterday my iphone became stuck on 'verifying update' and stayed like this all night; this morning i had to completley restart using both power and home buttons. my phone thought i had 'NO sim' and today in the top left it has said 'searching...' .

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.