Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spurious "computer not authorized" errors

Since upgrading to iTunes 12.2.0.145, I've been getting occasional "Your computer is not authorized to play..." messages on some songs, with a prompt to authorize the machine. Providing a valid iTunes password does not make the song playable. In some cases, these are songs that were purchased over a year ago. One problem song was listed as an "AAC audio file" when it should have been a "Purchased AAC Audio File".

I have tried to deauthorize and reauthorize the machine. I also deauthorized the machine, quit iTunes, removed the "/Users/Shared/SC Info" folder, restarted iTunes and reauthorized the machine. Neither made a difference.

So far, the only solution I have come up with is, in iTunes, to delete the song (and move the file to the trash when prompted), and re-download the song from the iTunes store. Has anyone come up with a better solution?

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), iTunes 12.2.0.145

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 12:58 PM

4 replies

Jul 4, 2015 1:18 PM in response to YYCGuy

Hello YYCGuy,

I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues with the most recent iTunes update. It sounds like you have been on the right track in your troubleshooting. If you continue to get authorization error messages, you may find the troubleshooting steps outlined in the following article helpful (apologies if you have already seen it):

If iTunes repeatedly prompts you to authorize your computer - Apple Support

Sincerely,

- Brenden

Jul 4, 2015 2:53 PM in response to brenden dv

These were the first things I tried. It appears that the song files have been corrupted somehow. It doesn't appear to be an actual authorization problem, in that the computer isn't actually authorized. It looks like it is related to something else. Other songs that need authorization play just fine. Only some songs appear to have a problem.

Spurious "computer not authorized" errors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.