Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

blurry images in all office programs

Hi,

I have recently bought a Mac Book Pro (the retina display 13 inch).

I have microsoft office 2011, fully update to current software.

When I import or paste an image, in any format (GIF, JPEG etc.) it is extremely blurry, despite it being a hi res image and viewable online as a crystal clear image.

When I then double click the image (entering the image edit suite) and then select the crop tool, the image appears in the hi res, non pixelated image form. This then reverts back to blurry when I leave the crop tool.

It is the same in word and Powerpoint... help please:)

Ed

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 1:27 PM

2 replies

Feb 11, 2016 4:44 AM in response to eddy2710

I have the same issue on MBP retina on mavericks, and power point 2011 v14.6

The powerpoint window, and text are all beautifully perfect resolution, but images are all very blurry. Ive tried selecting uncompressed but nothing. Also what annoys me the most (like you said) when you crop the image it jumps to hi-res!!! Would be very interesting to see which editions of powerpoint have this bug. So far we all have office 2011.

Another bug I found is this, Ridhoza could you maybe see if it is also a bug in yosemite as it is in mavericks)

1-Open a presentation

2-click the button to make it move to fullscreen mode

3-navigate back to your desktop.

4-open a few apps (e.g. safari, iTunes, calendar ), and press the yellow "minimise" button. Do quite a few apps so the dock shrinks becomes pretty small

5-once its moved down into the dock click the app and it'll pop back up

6-navigate back to powerpoint which was is still in fullscreen mode on its own separate area

Does the fullscreen powerpoint now have black borders at the top and bottom where the dock and top bar should be normally but aren't because its fullscreen?

Looks like at step 2:

User uploaded file

Looks like at step 6:

User uploaded file

Annoying eh

blurry images in all office programs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.