Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

It is posible used celular SMS to check improve my appleID security

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 2:04 PM

6 replies

Jul 3, 2015 5:16 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

A month ago my old Ipad was stolen, it was locked, registered with my AppleID , and the search function was activated.

Yesterday I saw an email from apple, telling that my AppleID password was reset and the Find my Ipad was deactivate.

The same thing happened to my wife about 6 months ago.

I worry about the level of security that Apple offers in its products is so vulnerable, and would like to verify that more can be done to increase security for my devices , such as double security to send an SMS with a code, encryption, etc.

Thank You

Jul 3, 2015 8:21 AM in response to carlosrsosav

I would repeat what Winston said. Apple has taken the lead for disabling stolen devices and as long as the user has done everything necessary, the devices are inaccessible. This means you have the latest iOS, and you have activated Find My iPhone. This will enable Activation Lock which will prevent the device from being activated. Also, make sure that the device has a passcode on it that cannot be easily guessed and that your iCloud password is secure.

Jul 3, 2015 12:04 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Hi

The email was from appleid@id.apple.com, the ipad had the last iOS, I do not know how these people do in Venezuela, but they can recover, by son way, the password from the Ipad.

They used some jeailbrek or program to get the password of the appleID from the iPad,

Thas is the reason I and looking for new ways to improve the security.

Thanks for any solution.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.