Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

deleting song files off iPhone 6 after iOS 8.4 update

I have an iTunes Match account, I've done the recent iOS and iTunes updates, but now I can' find Match on my iTunes on my desktop--I found it listed on the right in the iTunes store, but when I clicked on it, I was asked to put in my info, click "add this computer" and nothing at all happened after that. The main question I have though is before these updates, if i purchased an album or song from the iTunes store on my iPhone 6, i could just delete the file from my phone by swiping left, and it was still on my phone via the cloud and Match--i can't figure out how to do that now since swiping left does nothing. I want to be able to keep files I purchase from my phone off of my phone (to keep my space used down), but also be able to access whenever I have wifi like i was able to before. Anyone have any ideas here or having the same issues? I know the updates are new and obvious glitches are going to happen, but i wasn't sure if anyone else had a solution.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 2:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 2:41 PM

Tap the "..." next to the song and then choose "Remove Download."

JoeyT81 wrote:

I found it listed on the right in the iTunes store, but when I clicked on it, I was asked to put in my info, click "add this computer" and nothing at all happened after that.

That is actually not true.

If you show the cloud icon in Songs on your desktop, you would see that the songs in iCloud that were not on your desktop are now made available.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2015 2:41 PM in response to JoeyT81

Tap the "..." next to the song and then choose "Remove Download."

JoeyT81 wrote:

I found it listed on the right in the iTunes store, but when I clicked on it, I was asked to put in my info, click "add this computer" and nothing at all happened after that.

That is actually not true.

If you show the cloud icon in Songs on your desktop, you would see that the songs in iCloud that were not on your desktop are now made available.

deleting song files off iPhone 6 after iOS 8.4 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.