Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes match has disappeared on my mac, and music is unavailable

Kinda weird thing happened today. Power went out, computer went off, decided to go get a pizza. Came back home and computer was starting up/ restarting. I have startup after power unchecked so I was confused. Lo and behold iTunes has been updated without me doing a d@mn thing.

I now have no access to my iTunes match music on my computer.

I dont upgrade willy nilly and I'm a little POed about this.

Havent upgraded iOS devices yet and match seems to work fine on those.

Anyone have suggestions as to what to turn on/off/hit/set on fire?

Been using match for 3 years without too much trouble.

but in the end the real issue for me is why did my computer update iTunes without my permission? I have pretty much everything set to manual updates because of issues like this. I like to see the waters first to see if I'm going to be eaten by sharks.

I'm about to dump my 80+ GB of music from my external onto my iMac, cuz this sh*t blows

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 2:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 4:52 PM

In iTunes go to Preferences > General and tick the iCloud Music Library box. Then go to File > Library > Update iCloud Music Library. That's the new name for iTunes Match and you can control it from there. This way you're making sure iTunes Match is working and updated. That is of course if you didn't deactivate your iTunes Match and your subscription hasn't expired. Then you should have your matched library showing on all your devices...

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2015 4:52 PM in response to nathanial

In iTunes go to Preferences > General and tick the iCloud Music Library box. Then go to File > Library > Update iCloud Music Library. That's the new name for iTunes Match and you can control it from there. This way you're making sure iTunes Match is working and updated. That is of course if you didn't deactivate your iTunes Match and your subscription hasn't expired. Then you should have your matched library showing on all your devices...

iTunes match has disappeared on my mac, and music is unavailable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.