Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem selecting multiple clips with mouse

Really you have to look at the image attached to best see what I'm referring to, but when I click and drag the mouse, the clips that are highlighted within the grey courser box are not the ones that are being selected in the timeline. I have tried resetting fcpx preferences but that hasn't changed anything.

Any ideas on how to get ride of this??

User uploaded file

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 2:11 PM

8 replies

Jul 2, 2015 2:55 PM in response to khill07

Not quite enough information. You're implying the clips on the left were selected as a result of the selection box on the right except for the few that are between the two selections and the short clip on the far left that should have also been selected.

There is a setting (someplace) that inverts the mouse selection (select everything other than what is in the selection marquee) but that doesn't seem to be what's going on. As Russ implies, check your mouse settings to make sure the buttons are set to act the way you think they should be.

So, please explain this to us again.

Jul 2, 2015 3:19 PM in response to khill07

Ok here is the problem again. If you click and drag the mouse courser in the timeline of your project, you'll create a grey box and any clips that are within this grey box SHOULD be selected and appear with a yellow outline. As you can see in the screen shot that I added NONE of the highlighted clips are within the grey box. When I click and drag the mouse the selected clips are offset to the left by 800 pixels or so.

I have not tried this with a new mouse because I'm seeing this problem on a couple of different computer we have. I have now also have done some more testing by creating a new project and can't reproduce the issue. But if I copy all the clips in the problem project and paste them into a new project the issue starts happening in the new project. I have also tried deleting all rendered files for the project with no success so to me this is actually a problem with the project or a clip within the project. I just don't have a good way of narrowing it down with 100's of clips on the timeline.

Problem selecting multiple clips with mouse

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.