Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music app starts playing music while app is completely closed

Hi everyone,

Recently, my iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.3, has randomly started playing music when my Music app isn't open, not even in the background. It's very annoying cause I can't figure out a way to make it stop playing permanently. When I open the app and pause the music, close the app, and it'll start playing again within minutes. Also, occasionally Siri will be activated without me pressing the home button at all, and I don't have My Siri enabled. Anyone know why this is happening and how to make it stop? Thanks for any advice!

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 5:05 PM

There are no replies.

Music app starts playing music while app is completely closed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.