Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.4 - continuous crash of the music app

Hello,

I've just updated my iPhone 4s to iOS 8.4 but now every time I open the (new, shiny) music app and hit "playlist", it crash.

Just crash.

I tried to restore the iPhone but nothing changed.

What can I do?

Thanks!

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.4, unstable music app

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 2:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 3:56 AM

Same problem here, with iPhone 5

15 replies

Jul 10, 2015 8:08 AM in response to Nypher

Thanks Nypher

I went into Settings > Music and clicked "Join Apple Music". This brought me back into the Music app and allowed me to either start my free trial or go to my music. I chose go to my music. All of my previously synced music and playlists were there just as happy as can be. Music app works fine and I do like the new interface better. I'll give IOS 8.4 a few more days on my iPad Mini (original) before I update my iPhone 5s but so far so good.

Jul 11, 2015 10:17 PM in response to Steve EightyOne

i have a iPad crashing issue too; seems to be when I want to skip songs. Never had a problem with imatch services, been two years now.

does it very regular unfortunately. Found a reason to turn the auto renewal off. I'm accepting it for the three month trail!!

also random album covers too; even on the albums I've purchased through itunes

come on Apple

Jul 12, 2015 2:36 AM in response to Steve EightyOne

It's really no excuse for Apple to do this. They've been in music industry for how long? A decade? A decade and half, if I'm not mistaken. Come on, Apple... get it all dialed in. This is real bad that I wonder out loud if I should bail ship of Apple? This is the first and this is real BAD. Just a simple click on playlists and it crashes? The heck with this. I can't even downgrade to 8.3 because Apple is striving to make revenue? Hmm, Taylor Swfit just zinged Apple for that.

iOS 8.4 - continuous crash of the music app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.