Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Virtific Solutions ... does anybody know?

i intelligently believed mackeeper to be useful ;-) ... only few days later I received a pop up on my desktop warning me about malware attack ... this came with a telnumber to a software contractor of Apple ... called Virtific Solutions ... does anybody know? their online support appeared pro and deleted Mackeeper. but i am not sure if this is a truly Apple supporting contractor ... ???

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 3:21 PM

6 replies

Jul 3, 2015 5:15 AM in response to henrikmc

henrikmc wrote:

their online support appeared pro and deleted Mackeeper.

What you saw was a tech support scam. There is no validity to any website telling you that you have been "infected" with anything and giving you a phone number to call, or a link to download a program to "remove" the "infection." Such things are all - universally - scams.

The troubling thing here is that you say that their online support deleted MacKeeper. While deleting MacKeeper is not a concern (it should be deleted), the implication here seems to be that you called the number and then followed instructions to give the scammer on the other end remote access to your computer. Is this correct? If so, your computer should now be considered compromised, since a criminal has had remote access to it. The only way that you can guarantee that your computer is safe is to erase the hard drive, then either restore from a backup made prior to the incident or reinstall everything from scratch.

Virtific Solutions ... does anybody know?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.