Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

transfer music from mac to usb //

when trying to transfer music from mac to usb it transfers it as songs not by album

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 3:01 PM

6 replies

Jul 2, 2015 4:15 PM in response to dalmatian1968

That is because you need to move the entire library to a USB drive in order to retain albums and other critical information. The iTunes library is location is noted in iTunes - Preferences.

If your intention is the share the music with someone else then that is illegal and considered theft. However if you simply want to backup your music library then begin using Time Machine and it will back up your complete computer including the library to an external HD. May I ask why you want to transfer the library to the USB stick?

Finally typing is all caps is considered shouting, please don't.... we can hear you just fine.

Jul 2, 2015 4:31 PM in response to rkaufmann87

just need it in case something happens to my mac not to share or sell i own every single album i have and to save it on usb it easier for me to have my music instead of uploading hundreds of cd's all over again, but this is not the point i have transferred my music from iTunes to my usb before i just don't understand why it won't do it this time, i did not move the entire library to usb i moved it by albums daly when i uploaded the cd's to my mac, my frastruation is my first mac // ever // and still trying to figure it out

transfer music from mac to usb //

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.