Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing iCloud Music Library option in iOS 8.4

Since upgrading to iOS 8.4 on my iPhone 4S, all my playlists and music are gone. After reading several posts, it looks like I'm missing the iCloud Music Library option in Settings. This is what I see:

User uploaded file

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 3:51 PM

3 replies

Jul 6, 2015 11:24 AM in response to Mark Abramson

I am having the same problem with iCloud Music Library option, but on an iPhone 6. My playlists and music are not gone and still work fine. I am however unable to add new music to my phone, in both iTunes and the phone's music app the new tracks appear greyed out and won't play. It seems that the iCloud Music Library option would also help fix my problem.

Jul 6, 2015 11:31 AM in response to Mark Abramson

Based on your screen shot I see that Subscribe to iTunes Match is an option. On my device (iPhone 6), if I turn off iCloud Music Library I get a notification "This will remove all iTunes Match songs from this device, except for songs you've downloaded." Therefore, I believe the option for iCloud Music Library only shows up if you've subscribed to iTunes Match. It may be there if you subscribe to Apple Music as well but I'm not sure as I haven't started my free trial yet.

Missing iCloud Music Library option in iOS 8.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.