Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After updating to iOS 8.4, Apple Music disconnects while streaming

Updated my iPhone 6 Plus to iOS 8.4 and am a paying member of Apple Music.

When I listen to Beats1 or other streaming content from Apple Music's Radio on headphones, it works fine. When I connect to my BMW i3 via USB or Bluetooth the phone disconnects and the streaming drops after 2 minutes. All other Apple Music content works fine whether it's streamed or played locally from the iPhone. It's only the Radio-based content that caused the phone to lose connection.

I've tried a hard reset. And, I've tried resetting the network connections. I've deleted and re-paired the phone to the car. And, I've tried restarting. Streaming content from multiple sources worked before in iOS 8.3.

I've seen other reports of similar behavior on different forums. Would love any suggestions you all have.

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 3:05 PM

6 replies

Jul 5, 2015 2:37 PM in response to cvpacs

Streaming pauses I can understand. Bandwidth issues will always cause stuttering or lag. The BMW issues I'm having literally stop Beats1 from playing and kicks the car's system out of the phone and to the "select the external device you want to use" screen. It's as if I backed out of listening to anything on the phone and tried to select a different source device.

This only happens when streaming Beats1 or NPR's new radio in Apple Music. Doesn't happen when streaming any other Apple Music content or using any other audio-based app for iOS. It never happened prior to Apple Music or iOS 8.4. I cannot tell if it's an issue with BMW, iOS 8.4 or something in the Apple Music radio signal. It doesn't happen in my Pathfinder, so that's leaning me towards BMW.

After updating to iOS 8.4, Apple Music disconnects while streaming

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.