Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please help! Macbook pro 15-inch 2015 fan noise

When I play a game(just for 1 minute) my macbook pro gets really laud and rpm on fans goes from 2000 up to 6000. Also it gets really hot when I play longer.

Here is a link to the video that I made which shows that ----> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnwSIdF7Gys&feature=youtu.be

I purchased my macbook pro 5 days ago and I called apple authorised service and they told me to go to the store and ask for new one (because in first 14 days you can ask for new if it doesn't work properly,if thats true). Then I contacted Apple and they are not sure if that is normal and told me to go to service. I don't want to give it to the service and I don't wanna take new one if this works normally.

If somebody knows if this is normal or not, please answer me. It is really laud and it distracts me. Also I am afraid to damage it due to heat and load. Thanks !

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 5:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 5:15 PM

Yes, it's normal when you play games for extended periods of time for the processors to become extremely hot thus, causing the fans to rev up. But if you think the fans are too noisy, then that may be abnormal. In any case take it in for diagnosis. If it's defective you can have it repaired. If you are in the 14 days after purchase grace period you can also request it be replaced. Why would you think Apple would lie to you about that?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2015 5:15 PM in response to Magnatar

Yes, it's normal when you play games for extended periods of time for the processors to become extremely hot thus, causing the fans to rev up. But if you think the fans are too noisy, then that may be abnormal. In any case take it in for diagnosis. If it's defective you can have it repaired. If you are in the 14 days after purchase grace period you can also request it be replaced. Why would you think Apple would lie to you about that?

Please help! Macbook pro 15-inch 2015 fan noise

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.