Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 6 is water damaged. It was purchased in India, but I'm going to get it exchanged in the US since I'm currently residing here for a month. Will the exchanged phone be valid for service in India during its warranty period?

My iPhone 6 is water damaged. It was purchased in India, but I'm going to get it exchanged in the US since I'm currently residing here for a month. Will the exchanged phone be valid for service in India during its warranty period?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 5:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 5:20 PM

Your warranty is not honored in the US, so if you exchange it, then you would do so at the Out-of-Warranty cost. If the exchanged phone has a US warranty, then it will not be honored in India.

3 replies

Jul 2, 2015 6:13 PM in response to Kappy

Hey Kappy, thanks! But water damage is considered an out-of-warranty service anyway, right? So I'm going to pay $299+taxes for a replacement here. Wouldn't the cost of an out of warranty service in India be similar to this or more?

What would I need to do for the exchanged phone's warranty to be honored in India?

I'm trying to understand if I should get the phone exchanged here or wait till I get back home. I'm here for a month and do desperately need my phone!!

Jul 2, 2015 6:35 PM in response to Shambhavi268

That's true if all you have is the Standard warranty. The Extended AppleCare warranty does cover two water-damage incidents.

I cannot answer your warranty question. You need to ask an expert at the Apple Store you go to. I'm guessing you would need to do the exchange in India. You can always pick up a so-cslled burner phone to use while in the US.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.