Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.4 update and the car integration no longer works

All I can say is that before the update the car integration worked.

Did the update to iOS 8.4 yesterday and now the car integration, when connected via the lightning connector, NO LONGER WORKS.

Guess the world will have to wait for the iOS 8.5 update for Apple to fix their FAILURE!!!

EPIC FAIL APPLE!!!

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 3:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 5:16 PM

This happened for me as well. It will send the artist/song title info to the car over usb but the music will only come out of the phone now. I reverted back to 8.3 and now it works again. I have no plans to update until I know the problem is fixed.

8 replies

Jul 2, 2015 8:31 PM in response to AppleRicky

So your recommendation is that I take my +$40,000 motor vehicle in to a service centre to update it's integration software, because apple managed to make a mess of their update to a $800 iPhone.

That sounds logical.....NOT!!!

This isn't the first time that an update in iOS from Apple that has done this, only for another update to be released to fix their **** up.

Jul 16, 2015 6:20 AM in response to AcidBurn

I have a 2008 Mercedes and the OEM car integration still half works. Right after the 8.4 update the song names only sometimes get passed through. Music still plays but the titles are often blank. Force quitting the Music app on the phone then starting it back up again often solves the issue, until you unplug the phone and plug it back in, then the problem will usually return.

When the titles come up blank, if it progresses to the next song on its own you also lose the ability to advance to the next track with the car controls until you kill and restart the phones music app as well.

This was a direct result of the 8.4 update to the Music app. In the morning it worked as usual, updated mid afternoon, then it started.

Jul 23, 2015 7:01 AM in response to scatrdj

Just bought a brand new 2015 Nissan Frontier last Friday and after the upgrade no go. No more music. So the "needs updated firmware" line is a bust. Also lost the random function when listening on ear buds. I rent a lot of cars. so far I have been in 4 different cars with iOS8.4 and none of them work. Great upgrade Apple.

iOS 8.4 update and the car integration no longer works

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.