Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does the 13 inch Macbook Pro Retina come with 5th gen Intel processors?

Hi guys,

Been trying to find out with no luck. Im asking because I remember a few months back the processors were specifically labeled as "5th gen Intel processors" but not anymore including the fact that I cannot seem to find those processors (currently offered) in Intel's catalogue for mobile processors. Im interested in the:

- 3.1GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 (Turbo Boost up to 3.4GHz) with 4MB shared L3 cache.

Is this processor a fourth or fifth gen processor and if so what is the processor part number.

Im leaning towards thinking that apple released laptops with 5th gen processors then reverted back to 4th gen for some odd reason?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 4:07 PM

3 replies

Jul 3, 2015 1:36 AM in response to alyousuf

The Mid 2015 has:

2.2 GHz (i7-4770HQ) quad-core Intel Core i7 Haswell with 6 MB on-chip L3 and 128 MB L4 cache (Crystalwell)(15")

Optional 2.5 GHz (i7-4870HQ) with 6 MB on-chip L3 cache and 128 MB L4 cache (Crystalwell)
Optional 2.8 GHz (i7-4980HQ) with 6 MB on-chip L3 cache and 128 MB L4 cache (Crystalwell)

Does the 13 inch Macbook Pro Retina come with 5th gen Intel processors?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.