Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installed new hard drive in my MacBook Pro, and now computer won't start

My original hard drive in my MacBook Pro crashed about a month ago, and I took it to the Apple store to see what I could do. They couldn't repair it, and I would have to ship it off somewhere to have it repaired for what I've heard can be a costly amount. A friend of mine recently bought a new MacBook Pro, and while she was at the store, purchased a new hard drive, which they installed right then and there. She got to keep the original hard drive from her new computer, and sold it to me at a discount. I've installed the new hard drive, but when I start my computer, I get a gray screen with a "slash through a circle" logo, as if it's not reading anything at all. When I attempt to start my computer with my crashed hard drive, it would at least attempt to boot up and show a progress bar until it stopped loading. To me it sounds like the hard drive I bought from my friend is bad, but she had it swapped out at the Apple store, so I'm not sure what's going on here. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 4:37 PM

There are no replies.

Installed new hard drive in my MacBook Pro, and now computer won't start

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.