Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to restore deleted iTunes library after iOS 8.4 update?

Without any warning, Apple Music deleted all of my locally stored music files. I do not subscribe to iTunes Match and I did not select the 3-month free trial to Apple Music. I turned off "show Apple Music" in settings, and now it is redownloading at least some of my music purchased from iTunes. But none of the tracks that I made myself or copied from CD's are there. Not even sure all of my purchases are being downloaded. So if I re-sync to my MacBook iTunes library will everything go back to the way it was? If I update to Apple Music in OSX, will the same thing happen? How do I make sure that I don't lose all of my own tracks that were not purchased from Apple? That would be a disaster.

iPad Air Wi-Fi, Cellular, iOS 8.4, 2013

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 5:32 PM

1 reply

Jul 2, 2015 7:14 PM in response to Metusalem

I'm not sure what happened to your Music. My synced music was totally intact when I update to iOS 8.4. I do not use iTunes Match and I did not sign up for the trial membership for Apple Music either. You should be able to sync your music back without issue. I see no reason why you wouldn't be able to sync it back. I am syncing with iTunes while I am typing this response and everything seems to be working fine.

I do not plan on updating or using the Apple Music service and didn't update iTunes yet so that I can use it, but the sync did go OK. I am running 10.10.:4 on my MBP as a point of reference for you. The overwhelming majority of the music in my iTunes lied parry was imortd from my own CD's. I have purchased very little music from iTunes. In fact, I really haven't purchased all that much from any of the Apple iStores. I mostly download free content, I paid enough for all of the Apple hardware hat I own. I look for free whenever I can get it.

How to restore deleted iTunes library after iOS 8.4 update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.