Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Safari Version 7.0 (9537.71) automatically opens after logging in on OS X Mavericks 10.9

My Safari Version 7.0 (9537.71) automatically opens after logging in on OS X Mavericks 10.9. How can I prevent to open when the dock function for this option is already turned off/unchecked from the dock menu? I don't have a recovery set-up yet. It started approx. one week ago and I can't find any good reasons why.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9), null

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 5:00 PM

8 replies

Jul 2, 2015 5:02 PM in response to AKAJEF

Check the list of login items in the Users & Groups pane of System Preferences(there may be an AppleScript, document, or Internet location file in it), and if you get a prompt at shutdown asking if you'd like to reopen the windows when logging back in, turn that option off.

(129564)

Jul 2, 2015 5:08 PM in response to Niel

Niel wrote:

Check the list of login items in the Users & Groups pane of System Preferences(there may be an AppleScript, document, or Internet location file in it), and if you get a prompt at shutdown asking if you'd like to reopen the windows when logging back in, turn that option off.

(129564)

Reopen the windows when logging back in are always unchecked.

My Safari Version 7.0 (9537.71) automatically opens after logging in on OS X Mavericks 10.9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.