Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Artist sorting issue (non alphabetic order) in Artist View

Hi,

I am now experiencing a very annoying sorting error with the new 12.2.0.145 update that I hadn't noticed before. I searched the forum and couldn't find any similar situation to mine. I know most people dislike Artist View but I kind of enjoy the way it looks with all the album art so bear with me on this one, as it is a really odd one.

So, Artist View (under the 'My Music' section) automatically sorts your artists by their names, which is fairly logical. Most of my list is correctly sorted but not all of it! There are some cases (especially when there is a space involved) where iTunes just seems to get confused. For example, here is how Artist View is organising these artists:

User uploaded file

Everything is apparently sorted alphabetically ascending but when I get to the Steve's they are all messes up. Vai comes before Earle, Miller is after Winwood and Vai. Logically, it should be very straightforward: (Steve) Earle, Miller Band, Vai & Winwood.

The worst thing, is when you go to the Playlist section and order by Artist it shows correctly! However, I lose the Artist sidebar and album cover view. I triple checked every Album Artist, Sort Artist and Sort Album Artist and they are all completely empty. So this has to be a bug from this version, right?

User uploaded file

Has anyone experienced this issue? I could really use your help because I keep looking for artists and getting annoyed as they don't show up where they should be.

Cheers

iMac (27-inch Late 2009), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 4:24 PM

There are no replies.

Artist sorting issue (non alphabetic order) in Artist View

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.