Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Music - Allowing Explicit Content Disabled

After updating to iTunes 12.2, I am not able to play explicit content music (from my library). I get the following warning.

User uploaded file

Further, when I saw the explicit content option under parental controls it was disabled.

User uploaded file

Anyone have any idea how to uncheck that option and get access to Explicit Content?

Notes:

1. There is only one administrator account on my mac.

2. My apple account belongs to the Indian Store.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 7:29 PM

7 replies

Jul 3, 2015 10:35 AM in response to sahil263

Apparently this seems to be the case of which country specific lock which has been put on by the new update. If you change your country in your account settings you will able to play explicit content on itunes again.This seems to be problem for me as well since i will not able to use apple music if i change my default itunes store country. 😢

Jul 3, 2015 1:45 PM in response to sahil263

That's weird that the option is greyed out for you! I tried right now and the option is available to me...

That is the solution as far as I know. Simply change that settings toggling the Explicit option inside Music & Podcasts.

We must understand why it's greyed out for you both in iTunes and on the iPhone.

Might be something to do with your country? Don't think so though I'm in Italy our country is always a ***** and that option works for me.

My Music - Allowing Explicit Content Disabled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.