Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I group multiple items together, so that I can move it as though it were one item?

I'm looking to group multiple items on a page together, (several text boxes and line shapes), in order to be able to move the items, as though it were only one item. I know this is achievable through word documents, so I am hoping to learn how to achieve this result through Pages as well!

MacBook Air

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 6:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 6:31 PM

If items are adjacent then you should be able to select them all by dragging the cursor around the outer perirmeter of the items as they are currently grouped. If this is not the case then you need to hold down the COMMAND key while left-clicking on each item you wish to include in the selection. Do not release the COMMAND key until you select all the items you want and begin the drag.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2015 6:31 PM in response to brittneyg90

If items are adjacent then you should be able to select them all by dragging the cursor around the outer perirmeter of the items as they are currently grouped. If this is not the case then you need to hold down the COMMAND key while left-clicking on each item you wish to include in the selection. Do not release the COMMAND key until you select all the items you want and begin the drag.

How do I group multiple items together, so that I can move it as though it were one item?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.