Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes goes unresponsive every time i open iTunes

I have a mac book air that i bought less than a year ago. With the new iTunes update i didn't have a problem all day yesterday, now today, every time i open iTunes and try to either play music or edit songs and such, any basic usage, iTunes goes unresponsive. It has done it all day and i have had to force quit iTunes every time. I only have safari and my mail app open and can't understand why its consistently bugging up. Any help would be great, Thanks.

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 6:54 PM

1 reply

Jul 2, 2015 7:10 PM in response to dallinkroon

Same problem for me, too. Have tried deleting the iTines app and reinstalling from Apple site -- no better. When I turn off WiFi and start iTunes, it works OK, but after refreshing login and restarting, iTunes crashes when it attempts to access the Cloud Music library. Odd thing is that Apple Music works fine on my iPhone and iPad, so the Cloud music library files are OK. ITunes just can't seem to access the Cloud. I am running the latest version of OSX, so that's not my problem-- other threads have suggested that iTunes won't work without the OSX update.

iTunes goes unresponsive every time i open iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.