Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod turns off every time it connects to wifi

After my update to 8.4 my iPod decided to stop working correctly. Every time it connects to wifi it turns off and restarts itself to the apple icon. I have been trying to restart it but I need wifi to connect to icloud and obviously I can't do that. I tried putting my iPod in reset mode to get rid of the update but the product decided to turn off in the middle of the update. I left it alone until it died, and plugged it back in until it was fully charged and it still happens. I've already tried a new cord. How can I put my iPod back to factory settings without using wifi?

iPod touch, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 5:16 PM

3 replies

Jul 3, 2015 1:33 AM in response to dianafromcassville

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

Jul 3, 2015 4:54 PM in response to lllaass

I can't do any of these things. I have already tried all if them before I even asked the question. Resetting the device did not fix it. Resetting all settings did nothing. I don't have a backup to restore, and I need iCloud/internet on my iPod to restore to factory settings. Again, when restoring back to factory settings the device turns off in the middle of the restore.

iPod turns off every time it connects to wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.