Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12.2/iCloud Playlists have destroyed my library

Well, this is nice.

The combination of iTunes 12.2 and iCloud Playlists has pretty much completely destroyed my 10ish year old iTunes library. Albums are corrupt, with random artwork and random songs.

This is really, *extremely* ridiculous. I've had to fix issues before when I used Match, but nothing like this... Many albums are just completely trashed!

A typical album now looks like this:

http://1drv.ms/1CeN53C

Mac mini (Late 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 5:34 PM

3 replies

Jul 2, 2015 7:51 PM in response to Rysz

Restoring my Library file didn't help, I already tried that. All it does is mask the underlying issue.

Apparently, it doesn't just corrupt the library-- when iCloud Playlists was turned back off, it deleted everything I'd ever purchased from iTunes from the physical library, and then linked random (non-iTunes) song files into the place of the deleted ones. Entire albums are just gone now, having been randomly dispersed across the library, even though they still show up in the library database (until I click on them).

This is the single most ****** update to iTunes, ever. Over ten years of music, just destroyed. The damage is so extensive there's no way I'll be able repair it.

My iPod Classic hasn't been plugged in for a couple of weeks, so I'm hopeful that I can rip the bulk of my library back off of it.

iTunes 12.2/iCloud Playlists have destroyed my library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.