Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Launch Safari and get this: IOsassist.com (tells me IOS is crashed) and call a toll free number. Only safari affected

Tells me to call 866 304 3830. This gotta be a Trojan. I though Apple products were immune. Help

iPad Air, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 6:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 6:25 PM

It's a scam, they're criminals. Don't call.

8 replies

Jul 6, 2015 10:23 AM in response to Niel

I agree with this answer. The two things you need to do to get rid of this scam is "Clear History and Website Data" and also when you reuse Safari Use "Private Browsing". This will not leave tracks. Both are needed to keep this from re-occurring. The other thing I can add is if you call the number the first thing they will ask you to do is hook up to their website. Then they will get the opportunity to put malware on your computer and steal your passwords. Do not call the number.

Aug 2, 2015 10:09 PM in response to bigscaryguy

Ok. I gave the guy my name and email address and then he connected to my computer remotely. I ended the call after 2 minutes, because then it seemed really fishy. Now what should I do? I have never done anything this stupid before. I called my internet provider right after I shut down my computer and disconnected from the Internet. My internet provider assigned me a new IP address, but I still cannot get Safari to work. I'm scared to death that this guy hacked my computer.

Launch Safari and get this: IOsassist.com (tells me IOS is crashed) and call a toll free number. Only safari affected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.