Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any way around having iPhone 6+ use landscape mode with standard vie

Hey everyone!

I just got an iPhone 6+ and I'm liking most of its features with the exception to one specifically. This is kinda confusing to describe but I'll take a crack at it...

The forced landscape re-orientation for home screen and App Store is where my problem lies. If you have it set to "Standard View" and you're looking at an app in the App Store, if you click on a screenshot that uses horizontal (landscape) viewing and play, it will appear and take up the entire screen. However if I turn my phone to landscape mode to view the screenshot the way it's supposed to be seen, then my phone rotates the image the other way and it turns into a small version of the image because the screenshot orientation is now vertical instead of horizontal.

The only ways I can find to fix this issue is to 1: Turn on "Portrait Orientation Lock" which will now NEVER rotate the screen for any app. Or 2: change the phones "Viewing Mode" to "Zoomed" instead of "Standard".

Now I don't really like how big everything looks in the zoomed view, so my question is really whether or not the iPhone 6+ In standard view mode gives you control over how it uses its landscape orientation besides just turning portrait lock on or off?

Because the way it is set right now with my iPhone 6+, it's physically impossible to be in the App Store and view a horizontal (landscape) screenshot of an app in the way it's supposed to be viewed.

I Hope that makes some sense - and any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 7:19 PM

There are no replies.

Any way around having iPhone 6+ use landscape mode with standard vie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.