Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.10.4 bluetooth problem

My bluetooth won't turn on even though I click on the turn on button and the screen says my apple bluetooth keyboard and mouse isn't connected. Any idea's?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 7:16 PM

8 replies

Jul 3, 2015 3:10 AM in response to scottishtornado

I had a similar problem with Bluetooth. After upgrading to 10.10.4, System Report said my 13" MacBook Pro (Retina) didn't have Bluetooth support (upper right hand header). Seems the upgrade process left behind an invalid .plist file for Bluetooth. After deleting that file, turning off the MacBook, letting it sit for 5 minutes, then restarting it, MacOS recreated the .plist file and Bluetooth came back without problems. Wonder if you're having a version of this same problem.

Jul 4, 2015 2:19 PM in response to scottishtornado

Hold down the option/alt key while going to the  menu/System Information and check your Bluetooth there. If it isn't listed, if you live near an Apple Store, make a Genius Bar appointment to have the computer tested. Supposedly there is no charge for testing. Use 2nd link if not near an Apple Store or aren’t in the US.
Hardware Repair - Keeping Confidential Data Safe

Genius Bar Reservation US

Authorized Service Provider

Jul 15, 2015 3:14 AM in response to scottishtornado

I tried all the things on this page including the P RAM reset. None of it worked.... but THIS did.

Shut down your computer and disconnect ALL USB devices.

Wait FIVE MINUTES with everything off.

Then turn the computer back on. Bluetooth will reactivate..... Then plug back in your USB devices.

I've been with Apple since the Apple 2... I was one of the guys everyone laughed at....

But they are totally screwed up as a company now. I wish I had NEVER upgraded to Yosemite... and the new ".4 fix" blue out my blue tooth completely.... Waiting to see what OTHER problems I have in the next few days. Do they even test this **** anymore?

Jul 24, 2015 7:10 AM in response to drpimpvandal

i thought this was a hardware issue but now after seeing the disconnect usb devices and wait fix I'm unsure if it is now a software issue that has come with yosemite.

its so inconvenient to shut down and wait. especially when you are in the middle of work.

i am at a loss with this issue now. the shut down fix is a 'temporary fix' please can we all call it that.

no word from apple on this. i have a usb mouse plugged in permanently now.

Im so dissapoint. my magic mouse is a simple door stop now

10.10.4 bluetooth problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.