Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphoto won't run with Yosemite 10.10.4 & NO updates available

I have a lot of pictures in iPhoto. Ever since I updated to Yosemite, iPhoto tells me it needs an update. When I try to update, it tells me the update is not available in the "U.S.". How can I retrieve all of my photos?

I'm working on an iMac. Processor: 3.06 GHz Intel Core 13. Memory: 4GC 1333 MHz DDR 3. Storage capacity: 499.25 GB. OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.4. I don't know what version of iPhoto I had because I can't access it.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 7:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 8:02 PM

In Yosemite version v10.0.3, iPhoto was replaced by the Photos User uploaded file app.

Go to your Applications folder then launch Photos then see if loads your iPhoto library.

For help with the Photos app, with the Photos app open, go to the menu bar, click Help > Photos Help

6 replies

Jul 3, 2015 3:43 AM in response to Niel

Niel, I have iPhoto 9.6.1 and am running Yosemite 10.10.2. Do you know whether a Yosemite upgrade from 10.10.2 to 10.10.4 will retain the iPhoto 9.6.1 app? Your suggestion here gives me hope that it will. I have multiple iPhoto libraries which I need to merge (with iPhoto Library Manager) before moving to the new Photo App.

Iphoto won't run with Yosemite 10.10.4 & NO updates available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.