Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

once I add a movie to iCloud, can I delete it from my MBP?

Once I add a movie to iCloud, can I delete it from my MBP to free up storage memory on my MBP?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2009), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 6:55 PM

4 replies

Jul 3, 2015 7:31 AM in response to Winston Churchill

I apologize, my question was unclear. I referred to several short movies I created on my MBP using iMovie with imported images from my camcorder. It was my first attempt to use Theater with iCloud. Once created, I added the new movies to the Theater and set my equipment to automatically upload the movies to iCloud. Now, the movies appear to be in iCloud and still on my MBP. I'd like to free up storage space on my MBP, thus I asked if I could/should remove the movies from my MBP's flash drive.

Jul 4, 2015 1:00 AM in response to ceisen

I think the answer is yes, you can delete them, however I need to be certain that we are both talking about the same files. I am assuming you are talking about the original files and not the files that you see through I movie theatre on your Mac, because if you delete those you will also delete them in the cloud. However, please don't forget to keep a backup of these files somewhere.

once I add a movie to iCloud, can I delete it from my MBP?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.