Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie 10.0.2 menu items are greyed out and unable to trim clips

Hello, I'm running iMovie 10.0.2 on a Macbook Pro running 10.9.5. I spent last night editing the umms, and aaahs out of my video, and when I came back today, all of my edits/ "trim clips" were gone from the file.

I tried to manually re-do my work after some prolonged cursing, but as it turns out I'm not able to do any editing now, period. I get my cursor where I want the trim to end, select it with my cursor, and "trim clip" is greyed out. Screenshot below:

User uploaded file

I desperately tried to use "reject clip" as a quick-fix but found that afterwords iMovie played to the end of the cut clip and then went right back to the beginning of my entire clip. NOT doing that again.

I'm totally at a loss here. I have a 10 minute video with bloopers and "umms" that I need to edit, but now I have no way of editing it, period. If that weren't bad enough, I can't put any titles in my video because "Titles" no longer in the bottom left corner when I toggle between the options of the "Adjust" menu options.

Why on earth are essential parts of my editing software greyed out? Can I restore iMovie to its default settings? Heaven knows I've clicked on anything that I can find in order to do that. I've even tried DLing the newest version of iMovie, hoping that it would fix any weird settings, but at 2MB, the file will take hours and hours to even download. I was under the impression that I had the latest version of iMovie, but I see now that my attempts at "automatic updates from the App Store failed miserably.

Thanks in advance for any help you can send my way.

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 7:42 PM

2 replies

Jul 3, 2015 2:27 AM in response to rihannsu

From the screen shot you appear to trying to edit clips in the event pane, not in a project. (I suspect you may have pressed the"X" to the left above a project timeline, which hides the timeline and moves the event pane into its place.)

Go to "All Projects" and select the project you were editing then double-click it. The project will re-load into the timeline.

Geoff.

iMovie 10.0.2 menu items are greyed out and unable to trim clips

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.