Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my phone is downloading full app whenever i try to update it. please suggest me

i have i phone 4s and my phone is downloading full app whenever i try to update it. please suggest me how can i only download the update which should be around 10 mb not the whole app which is of 100 mb . as updates are coming to often

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 8:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 8:29 PM

Not sure what you mean.

You either update or you do not.

If it downloads an entire new version, then it would erase the old one. You would not have both apps, the new and old version at the same time.

7 replies

Jul 2, 2015 8:38 PM in response to roaminggnome

actually i am updating chrome app which is of 100 mb , so when i start updating, it is downloading full app of 100mb. plus i just updated this app 10 days ago and i costed me 95 mb . now again it is showing that there is a new update available for chrome and i update it and again it costed me 100mb. so i am asking will this happen every time i update for any app

my phone is downloading full app whenever i try to update it. please suggest me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.