Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reseting iPad and iPod from old apple Id to a family sharing without a computer?

Hi there, I have come across this problem and I was wondering if anyone has the solution. I have a friend with an iPhone (Her's) and an iPad 2nd Gen and iPod Touch 5th Gen all running the latest iOS 8.4 (These are both her children's ). They are all set up to her Apple ID. She now wants to reset and change the Apple ID associated with the iPad and iPod but has no access to a computer. How can this be achieved? I always thought you had to have access to your Apple ID though iTunes to disassociate your device from your ID then Associate it with a new one.

Any help greatly recieved

PJRS

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 2:33 AM

1 reply

Jul 3, 2015 3:42 AM in response to PJRS

You don't need a computer to set up family sharing : Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

What exactly are you referring to for the associating/disassociating ? If the 'manage devices' section of an account then a device can be removed (if it's been more than 90 days since it was associated) directly on the device : tap on the id in Settings > iTunes & App Store on the device, tap 'view apple id' on the popup and log into it, and if the device is associated to that account there should be 'Remove This Device' button/link

Reseting iPad and iPod from old apple Id to a family sharing without a computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.