Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I prevent Safari from saving passwords for specific sites?

Hi Apple Community,

This might be answered elsewhere, but I searched for hours and could not find it, so here it is...

I need to prevent Safari from auto-filling forms or saving passwords for specific web sites (domains). A small part of my job is managing accounts for our company and on the web site where I manage our POS system Safari constantly overwrites other users username and password fields because of the autofill feature. However, I would like to leave autofill on because the majority of the time it is very handy. I use very complex passwords and having them saved in safari makes my life a lot easier.

Another options would be to make autofill only happen "on demand" if that is possible? Like click into a field and a drop down list of autofill choices pop-up, but none are automatically inserted until I click on one.

A similar situation is happening on a work computer that is shared by lots of people. Autofill is handy because much of their work involves filling out forms online for the work they do, but it would be nice to block saving passwords for things like gmail and Facebook.

Any suggestions welcome. Thank you.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 9:00 PM

2 replies

Oct 31, 2015 1:59 PM in response to goodkarma76

Go to Safari Preferences --> Passwords and delete whichever sites that are already saved that you don't want saved. Then, the next time you go to that website and input your password, when the dialog box pops up asking if you want to save that password, click "Never for this website." Then each time you access it, you'll have to manually fill it in.

How do I prevent Safari from saving passwords for specific sites?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.